Wednesday 26 August 2015

Lunch at Castiglione del Lago

Market day at Castiglione del Lago again today but all we bought was a salami and 3 kg of nectarines.



Later we had lunch at La Cantina in Castiglione, a place where we celebrated a big birthday 17 years ago. The outdoor setting is especially pleasant here and as the temperature was back up above 30 degrees, our table under the umbrella in the garden with the view across the lake towards Cortona was perfect for a long lunch.




I had a delicious pasta with Cinta Senese DOP pork and black truffles and Kel had pici pasta with a fresh water fish sauce. 


At long last I got to have dolce! Desserts are not high on an Italian's meal plan so at restaurants I find that it isn't often that I am asked if I would like dolce. One day I even ordered but it never arrived!  
No such problems today as I had a gorgeous millefeuille with poached nectarines, cinnamon ice cream and a toffee almond sauce. Kel chose to have a glass of Vin Santo with cantucci biscuits.



This evening we visited 'Il Roseto', our home from last year. We went for drinks with Ros and Noel and had a fun evening swapping travel stories and suggestions for future outings.




No comments:

Post a Comment