Thursday 13 August 2015

A Buon Ricordo at Taverna del Lupo, Gubbio

The Offspring gave The Parentals money for their birthdays, to be spent on dining out in Italy. We chose to add to our collection of Buon Ricordo plates that hang on our family room wall. To get those treasured plates you need to go to a participating restaurant and select the special dish. These days it is easier as the menu generally tells which dish is the Buon Ricordo. This has not always been the case.

Ristorante Taverna del Lupo in Gubbio provided us with a very special occasion - a location with class, excellent table service, delicious food and wine and an occasion to remember. 

I won't go into details about what we ate but we had an antipasti of a great spread of shared Special Local Delights.

"The Dish" was my choice because I am a lover of pork. Pork fillets with a Sagrantino wine sauce with local onions. Kel had duck with a marsala sauce and they were accompanied by roasted potatoes and grilled vegetables.


 Yes, Hat hair!



I love truffles.




I ordered a dolce (dessert) and the waiter brought two plates and two spoons - not a popular decision with she who ordered the Parfait Perugino Chocolate!



Maybe my plate to take home could have been this one - I made it myself!!!


This is the plate that will join the others on our wall and give us many Buon Ricordi.


Thanks Cate and Kieran & co. One more to look forward to in a couple of weeks time.











No comments:

Post a Comment