Friday 11 September 2015

Monte Petrarvella 2015

'Let's just walk up the first part of the walking track to Monte Petrarvella', says me (foolishly)

Was it this steep last time? Was it so steep for such a long way last time?


Come on, you can do it! We'll just go a little further.


Oh, look, the top of Monte Petrarvella. We'll just go to the top!



Ah, this must be the road to Paciano that Peter told me about. Let's do that!
(Last year we walked the left hand track to Missiano and back to Panicale, only 12 kms.)


Where are we, I wonder? There's no turning back now.


Eventually we came almost to the pine avenue that we walked on the Monte Paussilo walk. We were now in familiar territory so we re-joined the M23 walking track that headed back to Paciano, and from there walked back over the ridge to Panicale.

When I suggested we walk the first little bit of the track to Petrarvella I wasn't thinking 10 kilometres of rough terrain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment