Wednesday 16 September 2015

Farewell Panicale

We can hardly believe that nine weeks have passed since we arrived in beautiful Panicale. True to form it has rained on our last day so we packed and got organised then went to La Pergola for one last gelato. Imagine my delight when I was able to get three new flavours. (Wait for the announcement of the final tally!!!)



Before we got to the sad bit we had some fun.

I finally met Janelle and Johnny from California. I have been an avid reader of Janelle's blog for more than two years and before last year's visit I noted all their favourite places to visit and to eat. Thanks Janelle & Johnny for all the inspiration.



Rosalind and Noel from Western Australia used my blog as their inspiration and so it has been good to have them around the village over the last few weeks. We started with drinks at Bar Gallo tonight then later moved to Il Gallo nel Pozzo for a meal together.




Janelle, Ros and I marvelled at the powers of the internet. Three couples who have felt a little like they were spying on others through their blogs have all met and instantly found a rapport and felt comfortable and happy in that company. Keep on blogging ladies!

Next it was a sad farewell with Katia, our host and friend. No photos! 
We met for coffee (I had a thick and delicious hot chocolate!) at Bar Gallo on our last morning and had the chance to say good-bye to lots of people. Kel even had anothe Biano haircut (his third!)


Massimo, Kelly & Johnny


 Kel's friend 'Aldo the migratory gallo' has joined us for his trip south. He waved farewell from the fountain before taking the train to Rome.



1 comment:

  1. This is so cool...I did not know how to find your blog, after my first visit...I must link it to mine soon! See you in Umbria!

    ReplyDelete