Wednesday 20 August 2014

Last Day in Rome

As this was our last day in Rome we wanted to pack a lot into the day. As a result I feel centimetres shorter but for the blister under my little toe that has re-elevated me.
The Caravaggio cycle on St. Matthew was our first call, then on to the market at Campo di Fiori and the Pantheon. In between we saw a dozen unexpected treasures of Rome.


After lunch on a bench where we photographed lots of scooters and other forms of city transport, we went into the gardens of the Pincio and Villa Borghese.

Those of you who have travelled with me know that I like a water element in each day. Although Rome has plenty of water the opportunities for boat rides and such are few. The water that flows in the fountains and taps throughout the city is drinkable and beautifully cold.
Today I am posting some water photos from around Rome.













The completion of this fourteen day visit to Rome means that we have now spent 47 days in Rome. The more you see the more you know, and the more you know the more you love (to misquote a famous writer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment