Thursday 30 August 2018

Off to Venice we go

Up early today to complete our packing and say our farewells. For a change I went to Bar del Gallo for breakfast too. No wonder I don't usually go ... the most decadent thick hot chocolate with a cornetto and some cantucci biscuits.




Returning the car to the depot in Chiusi proved to be a bit tricky as the roads were closed off for their festival season. Even the railway station was hard to get to, but we managed to get on the 12.10 train and spent the next four and a half hours on the train to Venice Mestre. We are staying in Mestre because it is more convenient for our purposes this time, and I got a real bargain 4* hotel.

This evening we walked around the block which took an hour. Very much a residential area, there wasn't much to photograph. Plus the memory card had a meltdown and I had to buy a new one. I fear I might have lost the last two weeks photos.

1 comment:

  1. You'll always have your blog....even if you did lose your pictures..it is amazing!

    Oooh, that hot chocolate does look good...cheers from Canada

    ReplyDelete