Saturday 11 October 2014

Gelato Artigianale

The sign "Gelato Artigianale" outside a gelateria is an indication that the ice cream is home made or hand crafted. I am not aiming to open a gelateria but I have bought an ice cream and gelato maker and today we made our first (and second) containers of the delicious stuff.

The sweet and creamy mixture is stirred around in the frozen inner bowl for about 25 minutes and is then transferred to a container and put in the freezer for a final chill.


Our first batch was vanilla and it is delicious!


The second mix is nocciola, made with Nutella. Kelly is the self proclaimed expert on nocciola gelato and he says it isn't perfect yet. I guess I will just have to keep working at it.


I don't have a bread maker because I always say I couldn't be trusted with one. Hmmmm, what about this machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment